Worst Culinary Award Goes to Beijing

Sorry for the lack of updates, I didn't have any Internet access in Beijing.

It's 10:33 p.m. and I have to get up at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow morning to get a move on our tour. We left Beijing today and am currently in Sozhou. This update will be short, as I need to get some rest soon.

In Beijing we went to the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Temple of Heaven and the Imperial Garden. Lots of walking, lots of picture taking.

Beijing food sucks. Everything's either fried, spicy or extremely salty. Combined with their horrible, dry air (mountains block Beijing from receiving rain and the mountains also block the dirty air from moving north), my week long cough has made my voice sound like a hardened smoker.

Oh, and back to the food. Thank God we're in Sozhou now. This is the first meal I've had which is actually good.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the trip.

Street vendors in Wang Fu Jing in Beijing.

Wang Fu Jing plaza in Beijing.

Temple of Heaven in Beijing

Tiananmen Square in Beijing

Hainan Airlines (worst ever for international flights). Leg room anyone?

Great Wall

Mom and I at the Imperial Garden


More updates whenever I have Internet access available.